Robert Anthony De Niro Jr. is a well-known American actor. He is considered one of the best actors of this era. He was born in Manhattan, New York City, in August 1943. His parents, Virginia Admiral and Robert De Niro Sr. were painters. His father was Irish, and his mother belonged to different ancestries. His parents separated when he was at the age of 2. His mother brought him up in Greenwich Village and Little Italy in the neighborhoods of Manhattan. De Niro gained fame for his movie’ Bang The Drum in 1973.
|Born||August 17, 1943.|
|Occupation||Film actor and director|
|Nationality||Italian & American|
|Spouses||Diahnne Abbott &Grace Hightower|
|Nicknames||Bobby MilkBobby DBobKid Monroe|
He attended the public elementary school of Manhattan up to 6th Grade. He made his debut on the school stage at the age of 10 and played the role of a cowardly lion. He then went to Elisabeth Irwin High School for 7th and 8th grade. He attended high school at McBurney School, but he was fascinated by the cinema and screen and very soon dropped out of school at the age of 16.
Robert married actress Diahnne Abbott in 1976. They have a son Raphael. Di Nero also adopted the daughter of Diahnne Drena De Nero and separated in 1988. After the divorce, he was in a relationship with a model Toukie Smith between 1988 and 1996.
Robert was married to another actress Grace Hightower in 1997. They had a son Elliot in 1998, and the couple broke up in 1999. But they never divorced each other. In 2004 they reunited again and resolved their vows. They had a daughter in 2011. In 2021, the couple filed for divorce and separated after 20 years of marriage.
Robert De Niro has six children. Here is some information about them.
- Drena De Niro: Born on September 3, 1971, Drena De Niro is De Niro’s daughter from his first marriage to Diahnne Abbott. She is an actress and has appeared in films such as “Grace of My Heart” and “Wag the Dog.”
- Raphael De Niro: Raphael is Robert De Niro’s son from his first marriage. He works as a real estate broker and is involved in the real estate industry.
- Aaron Kendrick De Niro: Aaron is De Niro’s son from his relationship with Toukie Smith, a former model and actress. Aaron keeps a relatively low profile, and not much is publicly known about him.
- Julian Henry De Niro: Julian is De Niro’s son from his relationship with Toukie Smith. Like his brother Aaron, Julian leads a private life, and limited information is available about him.
- Elliot De Niro: Elliot is Robert De Niro’s son from his second marriage to Grace Hightower, an actress and philanthropist. He was born in 1998 and has kept a relatively low public profile.
- Helen Grace De Niro: Helen Grace is also Robert De Niro’s daughter from his second marriage. She was born in 2011 and is the youngest of his children.
Robert de Niro was diagnosed once with Prostate Cancer in 2003 and recovered after surgery.
Robert De Niro is one of the greatest actors of all time. He had made his screen acting debut in Brian De Palma’s low-budget comedy “The Wedding Party,“. The film was released in 1969. He gained a reputation as a versatile actor in Mean Street (1973), which was his first film with the dsirector Martin Scorsese.
As An Actor:
Robert De Niro played a vital role as young “Vito Carleone” in God Father part 2. He played comedic as well as sober roles in his movies. Here is a list of his famous movies in which he portrayed different roles:
- Ragging Bull
- God Father part 2
- The Wedding Party
- Mean Streets
- Bang the Drum Slowly
- True Confessions
- The King of Comedy
- Taxi Driver
- Once upon a time in America
- Falling in Love
- Midnight Run
- Meet The Parents
- Silver Linings Playbook
As A Director:
Besides acting, Robert De Niro gained fame as a director. Robert made his directorial debut with the movie A Bronx Tale in 1993. The story of the movie was based on Mafia set in 1960. He then directed another movie, The Good Shepherd. The movie was about the origin of the CIA and the compromises made by an agent.
Robert De Niro’s Awards:
- Robert De Niro has won two Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for Raging Bull and a Cecil B. DeMille Award for “his contributions to the industry of entertainment”
- He has won Oscar two times for supporting actor in Godfather 2 and best actor to portray boxer in Ragging Bull.
- He was nominated for best actor in different academy awards for different movies, including Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunters, Awakenings, and Cape Fear.
- He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian award, by President Barack Obama in a live televised ceremony held in the East Room of the White House, on November 22, 2016, along with twenty other recipients, the largest, and final Medal of Freedom ceremony of Obama’s presidency.
De Niro was targeted by an explosive device in October 2018.
- Does Meryl Streep and Robert De Niro appear in Movies Together?
Yes, Meryl Streep and Robert De Niro have appeared in movies together. They have worked together on the films “The Deer Hunter” (1978), directed by Michael Cimino, and “Marvin’s Room” (1996), directed by Jerry Zaks. In “The Deer Hunter,” both actors delivered memorable performances as part of an ensemble cast, and the film went on to win multiple Academy Awards. “Marvin’s Room” featured them in lead roles, showcasing their remarkable acting abilities. While they have not collaborated on many projects, their performances together have been highly regarded.
- What is the Height of Robert De Niro’s?
Robert De Niro is 5 feet 9 inches tall, or 1.75 meters tall. He has been listed as being 5 feet 8 inches tall in some sources, but his official height is 5 feet 9 inches.
- Is Robert De Niro Dead?
Despite recent reports suggesting otherwise, actor Robert De Niro is alive and well. Earlier this week, news of his supposed death circulated rapidly, causing understandable concern among his fans worldwide. However, these reports have since been debunked and confirmed as nothing more than yet another false rumor in a series of celebrity death hoaxes.
- What was the first Film by Robert De Niro?
Robert De Niro’s first film as an actor was “The Wedding Party,” which was released in 1969. However, his first major breakthrough role came in 1973 with the film “Mean Streets,” directed by Martin Scorsese.
- Is the any Relation Between Robert De Niro and Naomi Campbell?
No, there is no known familial relationship between Robert De Niro and Naomi Campbell. Robert De Niro is an American actor and producer, while Naomi Campbell is a British supermodel and businesswoman. They come from different backgrounds and have pursued different careers. While they may have interacted professionally or socially, there is no confirmed familial connection between them.